Did you know that you can make your home more energy efficient and get paid for it?
Is your heating system functioning properly? Or maybe you are wondering whether to install solar panels? If you are looking to make your home more energy efficient, this article is for you!
When your home becomes energy efficient, you not only save more money on your bills, but you can also reduce your home’s carbon dioxide emissions because you will need less electricity to keep running the same. functions, such as keeping your home comfortable and warm. .
If you plan to carry out this kind of work on your property, DECO Algarve suggests that you consult the second edition of the “Support program for more sustainable buildings”, and make sure that you meet the conditions to request this support, which reimburse part of the expenses you have with the work.
According to the association, expenses made from September 7, 2020 can benefit from this support, but DECO advises you to check all the requirements and criteria for each type of measure to ensure that you meet all the conditions. .
For example, in the specific case of window replacements, the aid is limited to a reimbursement rate of 85% within the limit of € 1,500 when replacing non-performing windows with efficient installations of an energy class equal to or greater than “A +”. In addition, you will have to prove that you own the property, which means that the aid does not apply to tenants.
According to Deco Algarve, the expenses that can benefit from this support are:
- Replacement of non-performing windows by efficient windows, with an energy class equal to “A +”;
- Installation or replacement of thermal insulation on roofs, walls or floors, using materials of natural origin (ecomaterials) or with recycled materials, as well as the replacement of roofs, floors, walls and entrance doors;
- Heating and / or cooling and / or domestic hot water (DHW) systems, which use renewable energies, of energy class “A +” or higher, namely: heat pumps, solar thermal systems, boilers and stoves high yield biomass;
- Installation of photovoltaic panels and other renewable energy production equipment for self-consumption with or without storage;
- Work aimed at water efficiency through: replacing water use devices in the property with more efficient ones or installing solutions that allow intelligent monitoring and control of water consumption. water and rainwater use systems installation;
- Installation of bioclimatic architecture, which is a way of designing buildings according to the local climate, involving the installation or adaptation of fixed elements.
Another DECO project in this regard is the Efficiency Voucher program, aimed at people who benefit from the social electricity tariff, please find out more here: https://deco.pt/energia/candidaturas-abertas-para-programa -vale -eficiencia-quer-saber-como-pode-beneficiar-nos-ajudamos /
For further questions, please see https://deco.pt/deco-consigo/#energia or contact DECO’s Energy Advisory Office (GAE) directly, by calling 213710224 or by emailing energy @ deco.pt.
You can make a free appointment in person or by phone, with DECO Energy Advisor Office (a project activity – STEP (Solutions to Combat Energy Poverty) funded by the EU’s H2020 program.